Amazon Web Services
Creating Your First AWS Account¶
This tutorial will guide you through the basics of creating your first AWS account.
Step 1: Visit the AWS Homepage¶
- Navigate to the AWS homepage.
- Click on the "Create an AWS Account" button, usually located at the top right corner.
Step 2: Sign Up¶
- You'll be prompted to enter your email address. If you already have an Amazon account, you can use that email. Otherwise, create a new one.
- Choose "I am a new user" and click on "Sign in using our secure server".
- Fill in the required details, including your name, email, and desired password.
Step 3: Contact Information¶
- Choose "Professional" if you're setting this up for your organization or work. Otherwise, choose "Personal".
- Fill in the required contact details. Ensure the information is accurate, as AWS might use it for verification purposes.
Step 4: Payment Information¶
- Enter your credit card details. AWS requires this even for the Free Tier, but you won't be charged unless you exceed the Free Tier limits.
Step 5: Identity Verification¶
- AWS will call you to verify your identity. Enter the PIN you receive during the call.
Step 6: Choose a Support Plan¶
- AWS offers various support plans. For starters, you can choose the "Basic Plan" which is free.
Step 7: Confirmation¶
- Once all steps are completed, you'll receive a confirmation message. Congratulations, you now have an AWS account!
Step 8: Access AWS Services¶
- After setting up your account, you can access the AWS Management Console to explore various AWS services.
Note: Always set a budget to monitor your usage to avoid unexpected charges. AWS Free Tier offers a generous amount of resources, but exceeding those limits can result in charges.