Welcome to CyVerse Container & Cloud Native Camp Documentation¶
Welcome to our documentation on containers and orchestration in academic research and education.
Basic Container Camp¶
Docker Containers for Scientific Research¶
Containers on High Performance and High Throughput Computing¶
Cloud Native Camp¶
Infrastructure as Code¶
- Infrastructure as Code with Hashicorp Terraform
- CyVerse's Cloud Automation & Continuous Analysis Orchestration (CACAO)
After completing these two paired workshops, you should be able to:
- Explain why containers and orchestration are used in research computing
- Create your own containers and deploy your own orchestrated frameworks
- Understand how and when to use containers and IaC in your daily work
You will also leave with
- Understanding of how to use the most powerful public research computing infrastructure in the world via ACCESS-CI.
The ability to launch and manage distributed resources using IaC templates on commercial (AWS, GCloud, Azure) or public research (OpenStack) clouds.
Insight into commercial cloud services, their costs, and how to best utilize them for scientific research.
Funding and Citations:
Here are our award numbers:
For any utilization of our resources, please adhere to the CyVerse citation policy.